Gruetzi mittenand from Somerset

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gruetzi mittenand from Somerset

Post by Viafier Retica on February 19th 2016, 3:52 pm

Hello everyone, my name is Tony and I live in Somerset England with my Wife and Cat...............I am retired after 32 years in the Royal navy and one of my passions is Swiss Railways with the Rhatische Bahn at the top of that list..............I am collecting some bits for an N Gauge layout using Kato Glacier Express sets as a starting point..........I have all the releases from kato up to now as well as a few goods wagons modified for use.................The layout will be a single track with station at one end and will incorporate a "Brusio" type spiral in the middle, I will post progress pictures when I have made a start...........My other hobbies are model French First World War Tanks,(usually plastic kits in 1/35 scale) and my 45 year old Citroen 2CV "Ermintrude"...........I look forward to making an active contribution to this Forum...........Tony
Viafier Retica

Back to top Go down

Re: Gruetzi mittenand from Somerset

Post by Thomas on February 19th 2016, 4:34 pm

Hi Tony, Welcome in the forum and many tanks for having introduced you.
Nice tout know that there is an other RhB fan on the forum !
Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas on February 21st 2016, 1:38 pm

Hi Tony,

concerning models of the Rhätische Bahn, do you know that you can also find redecorated locomotives from Kato by AB-Modell (www.n-schmalspur.de) ?
Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post by Viafier Retica on February 21st 2016, 3:44 pm

Thanks for the welcome Thomas and yes I did know about AB-Modell, did you know of the 2 Kato are about to release Lazzarini & Heidi Express??  http://www.modellbahnshop-lippe.com/produkt/KATO/36-2-005001-258960-0-0-0-36-10-2-0-gatt-fr-p-0/ein_produkt.html

Cheers.........Tony
Viafier Retica

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas on February 22nd 2016, 11:41 am

Hi Tony,

Yes, I know about the new versions planned by Kato.
But in fact, as I begun to collect models of the Raethian Railways in “real” Nm-Scale and as I still didn’t can compare these models to the models made by Kato, for the moment I only “show” the new items from Kato. I would like to have the possibility to really compare an Ge 4/4 III from Lok-Schlosserei (1/160 on Nm tracks) with a Ge 4/4 III from Kato (1/150 on N tracks) as I know that it isn’t very difficult to modify the Kato Locomotives for Nm tracks.

Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas on February 23rd 2016, 9:52 am

I don't know if you know it, but the italian Pirata (www.piratamodels.it) also announced an ABe 4/4 III of the RhB...
Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on February 23rd 2016, 2:43 pm

Welcome on the European N-Scale Forum !
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas on February 23rd 2016, 3:25 pm

Hi Tony

I think this topic could be interesting for you :http://european-n-scale.forumactif.org/t94-the-swiss-n-1-150-topic
Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top