Layout Image

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Layout Image

Post by TDM on October 21st 2015, 6:04 pm

Decided to test posting a picture on this Forum, so have used a "Scarm" snapshot 3D image of my layout which I am currently working on. Recent changes I have made being moving the engine shed and sidings which used to be in the centre, to one side, and making a lake/reservoir the main centre piece instead with a canal running to one side.

The coloured "cylinders" you see on the track are meant to represent some of my engine rolling stock, as Scarm doesn't currently have a library of locomotives you can place on the layout. The buildings you see are just a small selection meant to represent some of the ones that are actually on the layout.

My layout is purely "DC" and allows for 2 trains to be run at the same time - one on a double loop outer track, the other on the inner figure of 8 up & over track and which features a "Kibri" bridge. Most of the track is standard Peco Setrack plus one or two streamline points as well, and I use Peco side-mounted electric motors on some of the points, the remainder I operate manually. Power for track, lighting, points, etc., is provided by a Morley Dual-Track Controller.

Anglezarke & Belmont are actually two real rural locations in Central Lancashire near to where I was born & brought up, and there is a Belmont Lake there too, as well as a number of reservoirs around Anglezarke.
The railway lines depicted on the layout though are purely fictitious and the product of my own imagination.

Hope the image appears O.K. - it seems to in Preview mode.
PS.I would like to include an avatar with my Username - how do I upload one?

" />
TDM

Back to top Go down

Re: Layout Image

Post by Delfin on October 21st 2015, 9:08 pm

A very impressive layout, I look forward to some photographs when you start to build it. Smile

To put an avatar on your posts, go to the top of the page and click "profile", this brings up a new page with another line of tabs. Click on "avatar" and follow the instructions. I managed it, so everybody else should find it easy. Make sure you insert your avatar as a thumbnail otherwise it comes out on the large side.

Delfin

Delfin

Back to top Go down

Post by TDM on October 21st 2015, 9:50 pm

Delfin wrote:A very impressive layout, I look forward to some photographs when you start to build it. Smile

To put an avatar on your posts, go to the top of the page and click "profile", this brings up a new page with another line of tabs.  Click on "avatar" and follow the instructions.  I managed it, so everybody else should find it easy.  Make sure you insert your avatar as a thumbnail otherwise it comes out on the large side.

Delfin

Hi Delfin & thanks - I have now added an avatar to my profile (a picture of my other love - my Triumph Stag Classic Car).

You seem to be under the impession that my layout is not built - yet it is - I have been running trains on it for over 12months, but just recently decided to change & improve it, and the Scarm drawing shows how it will look when finished.
How it looked before I started changing it earlier this month you can see in the following short YouTube video I did of it.
I plan to do an updated video when all the changes have been made.

Don't know if this will work on here (1st time I have tried to include a video link) but here goes :-

TDM

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on October 21st 2015, 10:27 pm

Nice layout !

I see you did find how to post pics and videos on the Forum, and that Delfin did help you to put an avatar on your posts ! Many thanks Delfin for you Help.

If you want I can move this thread in the layout section.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TDM on October 21st 2015, 11:14 pm

Admin wrote:Nice layout !

I see you did find how to post pics and videos on the Forum, and that Delfin did help you to put an avatar on your posts ! Many thanks Delfin for you Help.

If you want I can move this thread in the layout section.

Yes - Please moved my posts to the appropriate Thread - it could be the "Flamsbana Railway" post also needs to be moved?
TDM

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on October 22nd 2015, 9:19 am

Topic moved in the Layout section of the Forum
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Delfin on October 22nd 2015, 8:25 pm

Wow! You have packed a lot of action into your layout. Please keep us updated on your changes and improvements.

Delfin

Delfin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on October 24th 2015, 10:23 am

Nice layout Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top