Christmas is coming

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Christmas is coming

Post by Thomas on October 20th 2015, 9:39 am

Hi guys,

I would like to introduce you a small “Christmas” module a realised some years ago and that I will refurbish for the next Christmas (to be exact…. My wife asked me to refurbish it for the first “interesting” Christmas of our 15 mounth old daughter…. Great idea isn’t it ?).
In fact the Idea of this “Christmas” module comes from my wife, when she found in an German train shop during vacancies in the German alps  a N-Scale Christmas tree from “Noch”.
The dimensions of this module are 20x30cm.

Now the first pictures of the module, to be exact about the realisation of the module.

The plate (nothing very difficult):

The relief in expanded polystyrène is glued on the plate. The track (code 40 on lasercut wooden sleepers) is already fixed with PVAC glue. The house is a “Kibri” lasercut kit and isn’t finished at this moment as you can see.
The road is made with very thin abrasive paper.
Thomas

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas is coming

Post by Thomas on October 20th 2015, 10:57 am

As a lightning of some rooms inside the house is planed, I tried to furnish it a little bit.

Almost the furniture are realized with paperboard and are painted.
For the Christmas tree I cuted the head of a cheap fir tree from “Faller”. The Christmas Balls are just small points of red or white lack, and the garlands are made with sewing thread
The couch and the sea cushions are made with plasticine
Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas on October 20th 2015, 11:34 am

First test "by night"...

At this moment the expanded polystyrene was only covered with plaster, and the plaster painted with white matt paint.
The street lights are Viessmann models.
Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on October 20th 2015, 11:44 am

Nice work. Can't wait for the next pics !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on October 20th 2015, 12:07 pm

Nice work and pictures, tank you Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas on October 20th 2015, 12:15 pm

Many thanks !
More information and pics are coming ASAP Wink
Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas on October 20th 2015, 1:57 pm

The next pic.
The house is almost finished, waiting for the first snowfall

Next steps will be the trees and bushes, as well as... the snow....
Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post by grumbeast on October 20th 2015, 4:15 pm

That's lovely!  The nighttime shot is particularly effective.  I should try something similiar for my family!

grumbeast

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas on October 20th 2015, 8:52 pm

With the first layer of snow :

Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas on October 20th 2015, 9:01 pm

For the snow I used the set 08750 from the german accessories manufacturer Noch.
For this first layer I used it like plaster (also prepared with water).
The fir trees were installed before this first layer of snow. The other trees and bushs will be installed after this first layer.
The principal reason is that there is less snow under fir trees than under deciduous trees, and so it was easier to respect this difference.
Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas on October 20th 2015, 11:11 pm

2 pictures taken after installation of the bushes and of the decidous trees (all in seafoam)

Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas on October 20th 2015, 11:27 pm

And for the last layer of snow, I first sprayed water on the module (using mineral water in aerosol can that we can find in France in the supermarket...) and I sprinkled (I don't know if its the correct word in english) the snow from the Set 08750 from Noch using an old pantyhose given by my wife.
The last layer of snow was realized in more than 10 very thin layers...

Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas on October 20th 2015, 11:39 pm

Now, after removing in a new flat and after 6 mouths spent to refurbish this new flat, the biggest problem is that the snow is... grey..
There are also some other problems on the module, for example one street light doesn't work anymore,...

The works planed before Christmas are now followings:
- find a solution for the street light (the problem is that with the snow a can't acces anymore to the ligh bulb...)
- to put a new thin layer of snow (because the old one is grey) after removing the figurines
- create a plexiglass box for the module

If I have time before Christmas, I also would like to detail (with lights) the winter service Unimog from Wiking I buyed maybe two years ago for this module :

(Picture Wiking)
Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas on November 3rd 2015, 12:21 pm

The refurbishment works of the module has begun on last week-end.
The light bulbs of both street lamps have been changed. I choose to change directly the both bulbs, I think it is better so. In fact it was not as difficult as I thought, and I did can "open" the street lights without damage to the snow on them.

Also I ordered the plexiglas cover as I finaly found one with quite the same dimensions as the module, and I ordered also the detailing parts needed for the winter service Unimog.
Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas on February 15th 2016, 11:56 am

Some words and news concerning the refurbishment of this winterly module.
As already sais, the street light became new bulbs.
Also a new layer of “white snow” have been applied, and the module finally became a new wooden base plate and a plexiglass protection.
The module did find a new nice accommodation in my bookcase.
I’ll take some new pictures and put them in the forum as soon as I’ve time!

I didn’t had time to finish the winter service Unimog but it will be probably done… for next Christmas…

Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top