Mike Harvey

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mike Harvey

Post by mikeharvey23 on October 18th 2015, 6:23 pm

I live in the UK about halfway between Birmingham and Stratford upon Avon (Shakespeare's birthplace). I have been modelling in N gauge since 1977. My current layout  under construction is 3 metres by 0.7 metres and can operate either as current day British Midlands or 1980s onwards France. I like watching trains go by so progress on scenery is slow.

In the past I have made replacement coach sides to convert the old Roco (now Fleischmann) Eurofima VSE coaches to SNCF Corail Vu compartment coaches. These have evolved over the years from screen-printed liveries on transparent plastic, through photo-printed sides, to a wide range of etched brass sides produced just before Piko launched their range of Vu rolling stock.

Back in the 1980s I also produced a kit for the SNCf Z2 electric units, and for the similar CFL units.

Looking forward to participating in this new Forum. I have one suggestion which is to rename the "England" section either "Great Britain" to include Scotland and Wales as well, or "United Kingdom" to add on Northern Ireland, or "British Isles" to add on the Republic of Ireland, Isle of Man, and the Channel Islands.

mikeharvey23

Back to top Go down

Re: Mike Harvey

Post by Admin on October 18th 2015, 9:10 pm

Welcome on this Forum Mike!
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas on October 18th 2015, 10:15 pm

Welcome aboard Mike!
Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on October 19th 2015, 9:36 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on October 19th 2015, 9:43 am

mikeharvey23 wrote: I have one suggestion which is to rename the "England" section either "Great Britain" to include Scotland and Wales as well, or "United Kingdom" to add on Northern Ireland, or "British Isles" to add on the Republic of Ireland, Isle of Man, and the Channel Islands.

Many thanks for this proposal Mike.
In fact I hesitated much before choosing "England" but "British Isles" is a very good idea. I will look for changing the name if this section today.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on October 19th 2015, 11:57 am

Changes has been done !
I hope it will be good so!
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Boulanzak on October 20th 2015, 8:19 am